The Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus™ workshop will show you how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large agile or Scrum project. In this 2-day workshop you will organize and simulate a scaled software development project to learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed for success. You will leave knowing how to scale Scrum in order to maximize the value of your software development initiative.
Throughout the class, students will simulate a large software development project using the Nexus™ framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled software development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
- Scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- Introduction to the Nexus Framework
- New roles, artifacts and events
- Organizing teams & work
- Managing the Nexus & Nexus+™
- Dealing with common challenges
- Practices to efficiently build an integrated software product
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives and how to remain on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product so productivity is optimized
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
Who Should Attend
The Scaled Professional Scrum course is recommended for development leads, development managers, project/program managers and anyone else involved in coaching, formulating, participating in, or managing scaled product development projects using Agile and Scrum. If you are a leader in the successful use and/or rollout of scaled Scrum in a department or enterprise, this course is likely to be a good fit.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) certification.